A sustainable development approach
A Sustainable Development approach.
The Grand Hôtel Cannes is a dynamic palace which evolves with society.
The property is always looking to be as sustainable as possible by improving its operating methods and by paying particular attention to the nature and origin of its stock.
All of its operations and activities are carried out with the environment in mind.
Some significant information and figures from 2014:
- More than 70% of the products and food used or consumed on site originates from within a 160km radius
- The hotel and its restaurants have signed the Mr. Goodfish charter for sustainable fishing.
- The establishment offers 100% organic breakfasts.
- Organic products also hold a place of honour in the Michelin-starred kitchens of chef Sébastien Broda who purchases from responsible local market gardeners.
- 85% of our wine menu (excluding champagne) comes from either sustainable and organic vineyards or those that are in progress of becoming so
- The chambermaids use only eco-label or natural products.
- Since this process has begun, the hotel has reduced its water and electricity consumption .
- Rubbish sorting has been introduced in our bedrooms and in public areas. (recyclable rate above 60%). Furthermore, measures which enable recycling of certain kinds of waste have been put into place. Paper, cardboard boxes, plastic, metal, batteries, polystyrene, miscellaneous lamps, WEEE, cooking oil, glass, pallets and wooden crates are thus recycled.
- 90% of electrical appliances used carry the Energy Star label, with the other 10% soon to be replaced !
- In addition to the electric bicycles made available to its clients free of charge, the Grand Hotel proposes 3 Tesla electric charging terminals (one of which is universal) and encourages ecological transport.
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions (-3%) and participation in a carbon offset programme: Alto Huayabamba (community reforestation project in the Amazon in collaboration with the fair-trade and organic cacao producers cooperative ACOPAGRO, located in Juan Jui in the region of San Martin in Peru).
32 TCO2e were compensated representing a fourth of the emissions of the establishment (not including scope 3) or all of the emissions linked to the purchase of products, services and those connected to home/work commuting.
- Choice of environmentally friendly office supplies (+15% since 2014).
It also supports several humanitarian charities such as :
It also helps to preserve biodiversity and cultural heritage by supporting :
- The French National Heritage foundation by becoming a sponsor for the restoration of the Saint Sauveur Chapel museum and its archaeological treasures.
- la Prince Albert II Foundation which fights to protect biodiversity in the Mediterranean and elsewhere across the world.
- The Association for the Conservation of the Siagne and its Canals which works to preserve the canal and insure the awareness of children in regional schools concerning the protection of biodiversity.
The Grand Hôtel is dedicated to ecotourism and to responsible luxury in Cannes.